Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SCUBA Diving:)

This weekend I started my SCUBA certification. After reading my book and doing my homework, I was convinced that I was going to die a horrific death from SCUBA. Once I got into actually getting in the water and practicing, I felt much, much better:) It was so much fun to be able to just sit underwater for a couple of hours and not worry about breathing. Compressed air dries out your mouth a bit, but it's all good. There were only three people in my class, so we got a lot of individual attention. It was really cool. I can't wait to get into the lake and do the actual open water dives. The only bad thing is that it will be the beginning of February in a lake in South Carolina. We're going to a hot hole, but I'm worried about freezing my butt off when we get done. We'll see:) And a week after my certification, I'll be headed to warm weather and warm water to dive the reef!

While I'm waiting for Australia, I'm also waiting for my favorite show to come back. LOST. Only 2 more days! Right now, I'm watching seasons 1-4 with my sisters. I'm getting them addicted too:)

18 days, 16 hours and 12 minutes until I board my first flight!
-Jess
I can't wait to find Nemo!

No comments:

Post a Comment