Monday, January 26, 2009

OW Dives and Happy Australia Day!

First of all, Happy Australia Day! Well, if you're in Australia right now...because Australia Day is January 26th:)

This weekend I did my OW certification dives in the Hot Hole in Lake Keowee. I got to move it up because they couldn't go last weekend. Yesterday felt amazing both in and out of the water, but today was a bit chillier...as in 20 degrees chillier air-temp-wise. The water wasn't bad and stayed about 64 F, except for a few cold spots. I'm still warming up from when we got out of the water though! One funny thing was that Coach Martin, one of the coaches/administrators from my high school was there. The dives were okay...the visibility was really low, but it was good to learn. I just can't wait to get out in the open and clear waters at the Great Barrier Reef

Other than diving not much has been going on this week. Still just sitting at home. I did finish The Island of Dr. Moreau, and started The Invisible Man, both by H.G. Wells. Fun stuff. I also visited Josh in Greenville and did a little bit of shopping. I'm thinking about a trip to the Tanger Outlets in Commerce to grab some warm weather clothes!

Only 12 days, 13 hours and 59 minutes left until my first flight!!!
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment