Saturday, January 17, 2009

Living Situations...

Today consisted of hunting down department heads (1 down, 2 to go), looking at an apartment for next year (we've, as in Meagan, Cristina and I, pretty much decided on Clemson Place), and getting my housing assignment from JCU.

I've been researching everything about JCU since I was accepted, and I really wanted to live in University Hall. It just looked the most appealing. After deciding that I was going to live there, it was a bit of a disappointment to find out I'd be living in Rotary International. But now that I've had a bit of time to think about it, I think it may be okay. Other than sharing two bathrooms with 7 other students on my floor, many of which may be speaking English as a 2nd or 3rd language...it should be interesting. I'm just going to wait to judge until I meet my future floormates (Julie found out she's in Rotary International at about the same time I did, so I'm hoping we'll be on the same floor).

So what I do know is this: There are 7 people on each floor, sharing 2 bathrooms (one with shower and one with bath), a kitchen and a dining room (it's self-catering... so I'm probably going to either (A) lose a lot of weight or (B) eat way too much junk food and gain a lot of weight). The bedrooms are single, and have: a single bed, table, desk and filing cabinet, study chair, ceiling fan, wardrobe and vanity unit containing a sink with hot and cold water and mirror. Woo fun. I'll take lots of pictures when I get there. And feel free to send me posters and such so I can decorate a bit:)

I think that's about all that's been happening. Tomorrow I start my SCUBA certification course, which is going to be awesome...I hope. I wish I could take pictures tomorrow, but I doubt I'll be able to since I'm learning. I'll let you know how it goes!

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment