Thursday, April 9, 2009

RAW Rugby: RAW means WAR!

So, we had our first game on Wednesday night, and I have to say, rugby is pretty awesome. The first half the girls were really nervous, because most of us had never really watched rugby to begin with and we had not had many full team practices. Second half we really started getting the hang of things and were a lot more confident. We were playing the preseason 1st place pick in our first game ever, so we understandable lost. But we did score a try before the end!

We only have three non-tiny girls, me being one of them, so we decided to only have 2 on the field at a time and just rotate the third in. When I was playing, I was chasing down this girl because I was the only thing between her and a try. I went low to tackle her, and she stuck out her hand and stabbed me in the eye. I ended up pulling a Tyler Hansborough, because it pushed my contact into the back of my eye and I couldn't see. It sucked and she scored, but I was really hoping for a super awesome black eye and Mandy and I had already started concocting a bar-fight story. But the next morning it wasn't too big and I only had a nail-mark. After I found my contact, I threw it back in and made some awesome tackles. Soooooo much fun. I can't wait for next week, because we're going to be great!

Here are a few pics, but more will come later!

Mandy and Anne on the lift...I do this too

Someone did something wrong...waiting to start up again
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment