Saturday, February 7, 2009

Packing


So, packing for 5 months in another country is a little difficult. I've never had to worry a lot about forgetting something, because my trips aren't usually that long, or I'm at college 45 minutes away from home. This is a whole new ballgame...but then again, I don't have too many clothes so it could have been a lot worse. I'm just worried about the clothes I'm going to buy in Australia. I have no idea how I'll be getting that stuff back, but I have 5 months before I have to worry about that:)

I'm pretty much packed up now, with 40 pound suitcases:o It'll be super fun carrying those around. I'm just ready to be there...the wait has been so long that this isn't quite as exciting as it should be! My first flight leaves at 7:25am, so I get to wake up super early. I fly from GSP to Charlotte to Dallas to LAX....then I sit around for 10 hours and board my plane to Brisbane and Cairns. Fun!

The only bad news came in a phone call from Australearn today. Apparently, the rainy season is going crazy in Queensland. After our program introduction in Cairns, the students studying at JCU - Townsville are supposed to get on a bus for a 4 hour drive to our campus. However, the main road is currently closed because of the flooding! So, we might have to pay an extra $125 to fly. I'd rather use that money for traveling myself, but on the bright side, it would be a much shorter trip!

12 hours, 20 minutes until my first flight! Ah!
-Jess

1 comment: